Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Journey from Cape Town to Eastern Cape: Chapter 1


This is where it begins, On 23 December 2011 I took a train (Shoshololoza Mei) with my family. The train left Cape Town station at 10:20 am and arrive in Queenstown the next day at 11:20 am, all five of us enjoyed the journey it was a magnificent experience. The train was full some people were sitting on the floor and it was very hot, no that we complained. We pass lot of cities, I can’t even count. We thank to God the almighty who made it possible for us to visit our family in Eastern Cape. On our way there, we experience lot of things: the first time we travelled with a train, first time travelling with all my family, first time spending Christmas and New Year in Eastern Cape (Cofimvaba in Tsomo) as I always spend it in Cape Town. This was the first for almost everything, saw my cousins’, uncles, auntie, grandma, grandfather etc, some of them are very old, but I thank God for keeping them for us, until we meet them. We even attend initiation school ceremony (Umgidi) of my cousin.   
To tell you the truth family is the most important thing in your life, that is why we should always love, care and support each other. I’ve had lot of stories about families broke up and no love between them, I won’t let that happen to my family. God has a purpose of putting you in that family don’t you ever doubt that. During the time we were there, I’ve seen so much change: big houses, people build themselves toilets, people are planting their own vegetable.
Despite all the nice and positive things I’ve mentioned there’s always something negative about the roads, clinics, transport, poor service delivery,  its killing them make life sometimes difficult. If you want to know more please read the next chapter, that is chapter 2 of My Journey from Cape Town to Eastern Cape enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment